Maguindanao & Pinoy's Misplaced "Over Sensitivity"
Maguindanao so it seems is getting bestowed the fraud capital of the
In a related development Mr. Dilanghangin errrr Dilangalen was quoted by Inquirer as saying there was an election held but has no clue how many voted or how they voted really does not help at all. He urges the Comelec to conduct an “honest to goodness” investigation to “clear” the names of Maguindanao officials….. say what now? What in the name of Lady Madaya was that all about? Well blow me down and slap me silly but this kind of mentality is what I see with criminal minded people. Clearing their names bah, investigations are conducted to determine if any laws were broken and those culpable hauled to court. Why will the government waste meager resources on “clearing the names” of those officials who were linked in the last fiasco of the Garci scandal be the objective of the investigation really says it all.
Congressmen, however, rarely see anything wrong with their role as patrons of their districts and implementers of projects. "Take that away, ano pang gagawin namin (what else would we do)?" asks Compostela Rep. 'Way Kurat'
"We're prisoners of the game," says a congressman. "People are kept dependent and poor because that's how you want to keep them. You don't empower them, so they stay poor. You just buy people with project money."
This is a stark reminder of that infamous event when the
On a positive note and let’s hope that they will pursue the case until those culpable is sent to jail for life for electoral fraud in this Inquirer report:
The affidavits -- secured by the GO-Party-List Task Force Poll Watch through interviews conducted by members of the Suara Bangsamoro early this week -- comprise the first documentary evidence of fraud in Maguindanao and will be used by the task force to seek the voiding of the elections there, which resulted in a 12-0 sweep of the administration’s Team Unity.
In his affidavit, a 51-year-old man said he and his fellow BEI members were taken from the treasurer’s office on May 14 to a banana patch where they filled up ballots while armed men stood guard.
He said they were taken to the National Irrigation Administration office in Shariff Aguak when night fell on Election Day and kept on “standby” the entire May 15 before the counting of votes started much later, in the evening of May 16.
The BEI member asked that his name and that of his town be withheld until he deems it safe to face the Commission on Elections.
In his own affidavit, BEI poll clerk Faisal Kalantungan said 38 ballot boxes and 190 election returns (ERs) had yet to be picked up from the Pagalungan municipal council 10 days after Election Day although the provincial canvass had already been completed.
To get free Jaywalking Pedestrian Observer updates via email click on the banner below.
