The Movement for Free Philippines, NJ affirms its continuing solidarity with the clamor of the Filipino People for Gloria Macapagal Arroyo to resign NOW in the greater interest of Truth, Justice and the long awaited National Reconciliation with decency in Public Governance.---------- Forwarded message ----------
MFP, New Jersey State Chair
MFP, New Jersey State Chair
From: Sundalo Tagapagtaggol ng Pilipino
Date: Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 3:13 AM
Subject: Please bring us back to the barracks - www.sundalo.bravehost.com
GMA MUST GO!
Please bring us back to the barracks
We are soldiers. We are also citizens. We, together with our families, are so much a part of the community more than our beloved organization. We are not faceless automatons incapable of thinking, feeling and discernment. We feel the pain of our neighbors as much as their anger. We see their oppression and sense their hopelessness. Of course, their happiness is ours too. But they are not!
We, too, can distinguish good from evil, a truth from a lie, an honest one from a cheat and a thief. But it would be our most grievous sin if we tolerate and do nothing about it.
In the 2004 elections, a misguided and partisan few from among our ranks went out of our barracks not with a noble intent….but to commit a crime against the people. The rest of us stayed behind and watched as it happened. These criminals in uniform strayed away from barracks not to protect the people, but rather to subvert the will of the people. They are still out of barracks trying to cover up for the crimes they committed while suppressing the truth. Sadly, more are being lured out of barracks to partake of the loot.
EDSA 1 and today are no more different. In fact, today is worse than the conditions that prevailed before. There are more compelling reasons for the soldiers to go outside of its barracks. The mess that was created in 2004 either by direct participation and/or by silent complicity needs to be cleaned. It would be the height of insensitivity and callousness to let alone the people do the cleaning when we, ourselves, were so much a part of it. Going out of barracks to join the people in communal action to rid the ills that befell our nation is a Constitutional duty. In fact, it is demanded of us, as soldiers, by the very people whom we failed. Let us not, this time, fail them. Let our voices be heard from the barracks. Let our sense of community be felt from the barracks. And let our actions be seen in and out of the barracks.
After everything has been said and done…. We appeal to the Filipino people to bring us back to barracks and keep us there. Keep us forever in barracks by electing responsible public officials and holding them accountable, by being ever vigilant and by strengthening your sense of community. We, your soldiers, will then march back to barracks to settle to the task of keeping your worthy trust and respect. Let that be our covenant.
Keep the spirit burning and MABUHAY KAYONG LAHAT!
Maj. Gen. Renato Miranda and Brig. Gen. Danilo Lim, Marines and Scout Rangers
incarcerated for allegedly planning to withdraw support from Gloria Arroyo two years ago.
February 25, 2008
JOIN Patriotic Activities
February 25, Monday
1-5pm Rally, Mendiola, Bayan
2pm Mass, Edsa Shrine, Bishop Iniguez, KME and LnM
3pm Mass, Baclaran Church, Pres. Cory Aquino,Jun Lozada, BnW
4-8pm Concert, Ateneo de Manila, Team RP
5pm Candle-Torch Rallly, Welcome Rotunda, Bayan
February 26, Tuesday
10am Ecumenical Service, St. Paul College Manila, South Manila Consortium
12nn General Membership Meeting of MBC and MAP, Pres. Cory Aquino, Manila Peninsula Hotel
February 29, Friday
5-8pm Interfaith Rally, Ayala Makati, ALL FORCES
6pm Busina para sa Katotohanan noise barrage
March 2, Sunday
Mass, UST, Pres. Cory Aquino, Jun Lozada, CEAP
1pm Basketball Game for Truth, Atene vs La Salle (UAAP Squad), Araneta Coliseum
6-7pm Busina para sa Katotohanan noise barrage - motorists nationwide will blow their horns, churches will ring their bells and citizens groups will converge in different designated places. With their streamers, placards, and flags, they will light candles and make loud noise as a form of communal action to demand truth, accountability and reform!
Schedule of Patriotic Activities/Protest Actions, Statements and/or Articles may be emailed at email@example.com for publication in the Sundalo website.
READ Patriotic Statements
Association of Major Religious Superiors of the Philippines (AMRSP), the Inter-diocesan Catechetical Ministry (ICM), the Manila Archdiocesan and Parochial Schools Association (MAPSA), the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP), Simbahang Lingkod ng Bayan (SLB) the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV), and the Archdio-cese of Manila Presbyteral Council: The moment for communal action for truth, justice and hope
Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines: Communal Action against Government Corruption
Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines: Speaking Truth, Seeking Justice Setting Things Right
Makati Business Club: A Call for Accountability and the Pursuit of Truth
Management Association of the Philippines: On Good Governance
Former Cabinet Secretaries, Undersecretaries and Heads of Agencies: Time to Go – A Call to Our Collegues in Government
Black and White Movement: Lesser Evil no More
Action for Economic Reforms: Fight the Philippine Mafia (SOBRA NA! TAMA NA!)
Kilosbayan, Bantay Katarungan and Bantayog ng mga Bayani: A Time for Courage
University of the Philippine Faculty: Neri Must Resign as CHEd Chair
Silliman University: Statement of Concern
November 29 Movement
Ipaglaban ang Katotohanan, Pananagutan at Tunay na Pagbabago!
As a framework for our sustained and non-violent communal action, our advocacy will be for Truth, Accountability and Reform:
Upholding the Truth
- Defend the truth amidst malicious attempts to muddle it (e.g., the discrediting of Lozada)
- Provide support to whistleblowers by offering sanctuaries and financial support
- Call on Secretary Neri and others in government to speak up on corruption and abuse of power
- Demand lifting of E.O. 464; Ask the Supreme Court to rule on petitions regarding executive privilege (NEDA documents and Neri's testimony)
- Establish truth centers for awareness-building, reflection and formation toward sociopolitical engagement
- Investigate and indict those culpable of serious crimes
- Monitor closely proceedings underway at the Office of the Ombudsman
- Push for the creation of an Independent counsel to investigate and prosecute wrong-doers
- Facilitate coordinated action among concerned citizens, lawyers groups and conscienticized civil servants to build cases leading to the conviction of those who have violated the public trust
Working for Meaningful Reform
- Reform the loan procurement, BOT and other development project approval systems to ensure transparency and accountability at different stages; promote freedom of information
- Depoliticize, further professionalize, and strengthen the capacity of the Civil Service
- Restore trust in the electoral process: revamp the Comelec; modernize elections; address warlordism and dynasties; promote party-building
- Give greater numbers of people, especially the poor, a real stake in democracy: push for strict implementation of agrarian reform and other programs for inclusive and sustainable development
- Form real communities of faith-discernment and action for the common good towards building a political culture with a social conscience
Philippine Politics Gloria RESIGN Blogswarm pinoyblogosphere pbs pinoy blogosphere philippineblogosphere pbs philippine blogosphere