"In societies where Robbing Hoods are treated like a celebrity it is but natural to expect political parties to act like a Mafia syndicate" Political Jaywalker "In a nation where corruption is endemic people tend to confuse due process with aiding and abetting criminals" Political Jaywalker "War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left" Bertrand Russell "You have just one flash flood of money, you keep your people poor. It's like a time bomb and it's scary" Philippine Lawmaker

On Bloggers Recognition & Awards

It seems that Pedestrian Observer blog is getting some recognition from fellow bloggers and let it be known that this blogger appreciates such gesture and recognition.

As they say when it rains it pours, first off Gabriel of Project Afterlite a technology blog has awarded this Jaywalking Cyber Pedestrian Observer The Power of Schmooze Community Involvement Award that caught me by surprise. The Power of Schmooze Award was created by Mike at Ordinary Folk and Danielle at Pink Reviews and it has generated a buzz among the blogging community spreading exponentially like wildfire.


Then comes Les_tat of OFWLayf, nominating this Jaywalking Cyber Pedestrian Observer in a writing project initiated by Jannete Toral of Reflective Thinking, a writer, SEO consultant, trainer, blogger, policy lobbyist, and entrepreneur. The goal of this project is to identify new and emerging blogs of Filipinos that are gaining amounts of readership and influence.


Incidentally let me take the opportunity to acknowledge Les_tat in helping this technically challenge blogger in tweaking the layout of the blog.While Ihave successfully removed the google bar with the help of Bizwhiz of Tips for New Bloggers I am bothered by the top margin and cannot figure out how to bring it up. Les_tat was able to walk me through without much problem (ok, I admit a little bit since I have to see the exact code which he patiently crafted) by supplying me with the html code.


E. Akino of Kabayan Junction was nominated by Les_tat for the same project who also nominated this Jaywalking Cyber Pedestrian Observer. I am telling you this is really getting better and I am almost about to inflate my ego luckily I have an antidote for this malady.

These are all good I should say unfortunately one of the rules was they have to identify the blogger and this Jaywalking Cyber Pedestrian Observer is not amenable to that and prefers to remain anonymous. I am hopimg that I don't disappoint Les_tat and E. Akino but it has been clear from the very start that this blogger intends to be anonymous.


It is the aim of this blogger to be socially relevant in the real world and stroking of the ego is really a hindrance to my avowed purpose in using this new venue. Let me just make it clear that I do appreciate all these and these kind of recognition are a big boost in having people notice this blog and hopefully with that in mind get the message I am trying to send.


Oh, another one is the Filipino Blog of the Week started by The Composed Gentleman but unlike the first 3 above mentioned recognition this one is a contest I have volunteered myself to be let in. It's a curiosity (hopefully curiosity does not kill, lol) on my part how I will fare in such contest so I can gauge where my blog is at with fellow Filipino bloggers.


The following are the list of bloggers that I have the privileged to be listed with, vote for Pedestrian Observer or any on the list that you feel deserve their due recognition:

Ok, so I realize that winning this blog of the week will have some egoistic effect on the Jaywalker, remember that I have the antidote. While it may not seem important I believe that with increase in popularity comes more headache (evil laugh haha) for the cheating errr president and her minions……. So a vote for this Jaywalker meant a vote of confidence on where this blog is going…… giving those cheaters a hard time hahaha (really evil laugh) especially my "friends" errr fiends (bogus party list) that wants to weasel their way into tongress pork barrel through the backdoor, there I said it, hahaha it does not sound like I am that desperate, am I? Or was I?

I guess that's a bit silly so let me push this a bit farther. That is, if you want a good laugh (warning, if you are a self righteous "proud" Pinoy, don't go there) you may want to check out Top 10 Reasons Why There Couldn't Be a Filipino-American US President .............




5 Speak Out:

ruther said...

Hi Mr. Jaywalker,

I think you deserve the spot for this week. Your blog is intellectually stimulating and I think I'm loving the posts here as I hardly have the time to catch up with local politics and current events. Keep up the good work! :)

fidel_umaga said...

A very big congratulation for
Mr. Jaywalker.

The issues you raised here and the manner you deliver them surely stoke the ebbing passion that roosts in the hearts of our kababayans. No wonder, you spread like a wild fire! And like you said, medyo sumakit ang ulo ng Imperial Malacanang. What could be more rewarding than this!

God speed and more power to you.

Lestat said...

Good day, Jay and thanks for the mention.

You are still one my influential blog and you will always will, coz your articles really influence my views for the current political situation in Philippines. I'm now beginning to think joining your "legion" ehehehe....

I just hope that THEY "our politicians" will read all your arcticles and critic here..coz surely it will strike them deep in into their heart....if that happens.. "booomm!!".. peaceful and prosperous Philippines..

keep on observing!!.. your keen eye will gonna make a difference, your powerful political reviews surely smash the face of our traitor leaders! splendid job and I admire you on that..

YOU WALK, YOU WATCH, YOU SHARE,

cheers and regards
OFW JAYWALKER FROM KUWAIT

Elmer said...

your an example of a true Pinoy...proud yet humble or vice versa...thanks for the mention and more power Kabayan.

hope we could have a get together...lets call it "Pinoy Big Bloggers (PBB) :D !

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot guys, this is very encouraging and if I don't win this blog of the week I am left with no option but to......... call on BEDOL, Garci and the rest of the ABALOST gang of math wizards to count the votes for me, lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails