I was hoping that presidential candidates would not put their electoral objectives above those of their nation. Alas, blinding greed and selfishness seem to prevail sometimes.Well what do you know not only does Fadhill need to wake up, smell the coffee and get out of his pajama that probably obscure his sense of reality sensing greed and selfishness when there is none. The innuendoes are uncalled for and portraying Barack Obama’s stand as synonymous with Iran is dumb and simply delusional. On the other hand Fadhill may have misread the refusal of the Iraqi government to sign a status of forces agreement with the U.S. military as an Iranian conspiracy. Of course it is not easy to determine what the Iraqi government people are thinking despite the agreement having a guarantee of a full scale troop withdrawal by 2011 it is easier to speculate.
I don’t dare suggest that Obama wanted to obstruct the treaty because it threatens Iran and other despots in the Middle East; I’m sure his purpose is different. The thing is that his purpose is also different from that of the U.S. or of Iraq — two friendly states looking forward to building long-lasting cooperation based on shared interests and mutual respect. We want victory in the war; Obama wants victory in elections — this is the problem. I’m not sure how or if people here think the treaty might affect the presidential race, but in Iraq and the Middle East people think that signing the treaty before elections would be regarded as a victory for Republicans that could propel McCain to the White House. Again Iran and many in the Middle East don’t want McCain to be in the White House. I guess that’s one thing they have in common with Obama.
That’s the problem when you find yourself on the other side of history, you are found to find yourself isolated and detached from reality. This early those speculative fear mongers are dead wrong according to this article by NY Times:
Trust, people seem to forget this very important aspect in negotiations and what an Obama presidency this early brings to the table. Instead of negativity for a change people should look at the bright side and if President-elect Barack Obama is making an impact this early a sign that we are on the road to restoring America’s moral standing in the world.
Iraqi Shiite politicians are indicating that they will move faster toward a new security agreement about American troops, and a Bush administration official said he believed that Iraqis could ratify the agreement as early as the middle of this month.
“Before, the Iraqis were thinking that if they sign the pact, there will be no respect for the schedule of troop withdrawal by Dec. 31, 2011,” said Hadi al-Ameri, a powerful member of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq, a major Shiite party. “If Republicans were still there, there would be no respect for this timetable. This is a positive step to have the same theory about the timetable as Mr. Obama.”
Mr. Obama has said that he favors a 16-month schedule for withdrawing combat brigades, a timetable about twice as fast as that provided for in the draft American and Iraqi accord.
Of course a very optimistic view at times will lead one to misread the events especially when you look at the volatile fractious Iraqi politics but with major obstacle such as mistrust out of the way the chances of signing of the agreement is more likely at a time when Iraq and the U.S. should have it in place by now.
- Change is Coming in the Promised Land!
- President Barack Obama's Victory Speech
- The Promised Land
- Single-Issue Catholics
- Barack Obama 30 minute Infomercial
- “SALUTE TO THE FILIPINO-AMERICAN ORGANIZATION”
- The FILAMS are coming!
- Joe the Plumber Unclogged 2010
- Politics of Hypocrisy on the Campaign Trail
- Michelle Bachmann’s Outrageous Anti-American Rhetoric
- The choice between Obama or McCain, an act of freedom for the FilAms
- Barack Obama & Socialism According to Comrade Bush Allies
- Scapegoating minorities
- SC Dismissed Republican Ohio Bogeyman Ruse on Voter Fraud
- Did Joe the Plumber Win the Obama/McCain Presidential Debate
- Barack Obama's guilt by association with Bill Ayers
- Liar, Lies, Lying & Sarah Palin on Rachel Maddow
- Filipino-Americans & Colonial Mentality in the US Election
- Black & Minorities the Usual Scapegoats in Sub-Prime Debacle
- Bernie Sanders a voice in the Bailout Wilderness
- Bailout Rejected & the Political Blame Game Ensues
- Bush Bailout & Iraq War Speeches
- Bailout 'Nigerian 419 Scam Nailout' Parody
- Bush/Paulson Bailout Plan
- Bailout - Con Job of the Century
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Lehman Bros and AIG Under Investigation
- Will the Bush Bailout Proposal Solve the Problem?
- Road to Nowhere is Sarah Palin’s cul-de-sac
- Barack Obama, Yes We Can!
- Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama?
POGB will not sell, exchange, use or allow any 3rd party access to your email for
any other purposes without exception, email exclusively for article updates only.
Politics Social IssuesFilipinos Filipino-Americans