"In societies where Robbing Hoods are treated like a celebrity it is but natural to expect political parties to act like a Mafia syndicate" Political Jaywalker "In a nation where corruption is endemic people tend to confuse due process with aiding and abetting criminals" Political Jaywalker "War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left" Bertrand Russell "You have just one flash flood of money, you keep your people poor. It's like a time bomb and it's scary" Philippine Lawmaker

HELLO, MERCI

“Hello Merci”

Balitang Kutsero
By Perry Diaz

Ombudsman Merceditas “Merci” Gutierrez received a call in the wee hours the other day. The conversation went like this:

Merci: Hellooooow…

Caller: Hello, Merci, this is your Ate.

Merci: Ate Glo? Is that you?

Caller: I won’t tell you cuz your phone might be tapped by P-Noy.

Merci: Ay naku! That P-Noy! Grrrrr… I hate him! I hate…

Caller: Relax ka lang, Merci. Don’t get mad, get even.

Merci: Okay! Grrrrr… I’m okay. Grrrrr…

Caller: Stop it, Merci. You might have a heart attack.

Merci: Okay, I’ll calm down. What shall I do, Ate Glo? I’m at wit’s end. Maloloko ako!

Caller: Me, too. I think P-Noy is after me. I’m having nightmares even during the day! And our friends in the Supreme Court are getting cold feet.

Merci: Yes, they’re abandoning us, especially that midnight chief justice of yours! Have you talked to him lately?

Caller: I tried but he won’t return my phone calls. I think he’s laying low cuz there’s a congressman from Ilocos Norte who’s threatening to impeach eight Supreme Court justices including him.

Merci: What? Was it Imeldific?

Caller: Oh, no. Not Imeldific. She’s a friend of ours. It’s the other Ilocos Norte congressman. That jerk! Grrr….

Merci: Yup, he’s the vice chair of the House Justice committee that filed the Articles of Impeachment against me!Tamaan sana siya ng kidlat! Grrr…

Caller: Yep, that’s him! He was once my ally but now he’s with P-Noy.

Merci: Balimbing talaga! Grrr… Ate Glo, I need your help. Can’t you stop the impeachment in the House? You’re now a congresswoman. I’m sure you still have clout.

Caller: I don’t know what happened but my PalaKa party mates have abandoned me. P-Noy doubled their pork barrel! Can you believe that? That nerd is learning fast! He’s more dangerous than he looks! I see him even in my sleep. Grrr…

Merci: I thought P-Noy was your secret friend?

Caller: That’s what I was made to believe by some people. He even approved my P2.2-billion pork barrel. I didn’t realize he was just trying to break down my defenses and I fell for it. Ay naku, Merci, ang life nga naman. Last year I was on top of the world, now I’m in Hell! I wanna cry. Hu hu hu…

Merci: I wanna cry, too. Wah wah…

Caller: Enough! We gotta think! For sure you’re going to be impeached by the House…

Merci: Wah…. Hu hu hu…

Caller: Stop crying, Merci. Look, Our only chance is in the Senate where they’ll try you after you’re impeached in the House. Here are the magic numbers: Sixteen senator-judges are needed to convict you or eight to acquit you. Got that?

Merci: Yeah, but who are the eight senators who could help me?

Caller: Don’t worry, let me work on that. For starters we have the joker with us. Let’s do it one at a time like what I did with the Supreme Court justices.

Merci: But it took you years to stack up the court with… never mind.

Caller: I know. It’s gonna be tough. Also, those senators are all primadonnas. They all have their own private agenda. Most of them are presidential wannabes.

Merci: Hey, aren’t the “grand old man” from Cagayan, that fiery woman who talks and talks, your secret presidential candidate “Villarroyo,” those two American-born brother and sister, and the heir to the “Great Again Society” all your friends?

Caller: Yes, they’re all my friends. That’s seven including the joker. All we need is one more.

Merci: Yeah! One more and I’ll be free. Home free, yeaaaah!

Caller: Looks like you’ll beat the rap, my friend. Okay, I’m just curious, are you really guilty of the charges against you?

Merci: Yes! Of course, I’m guilty as hell! He he he… But I did it all for you and your husband. Otherwise you’d be history, kaput! He he he… You should be thankful that I did it for you, Ate Glo. You promised you’re going to help me line up support in the Senate, right?

Caller: Not too fast, my friend. You’re now history. They’ll fry you in the Senate. You’re toast! Ha ha ha…

Merci: What the hell are you saying, Ate Glo?

Caller: I am not your Ate Glo. Ha ha ha…

Merci: Huh? Who the hell are you?

Caller: This is Kris, P-Noy’s sister. Our conversation is being taped and I’ll give the Senate a copy with you confession, “I’m guilty as hell!” Ha ha ha…

Merci: Walang hiya!

Caller: Bye-bye, Merci. Ha ha ha…

(PerryDiaz@gmail.com)

0 Speak Out:

Related Posts with Thumbnails