"In societies where Robbing Hoods are treated like a celebrity it is but natural to expect political parties to act like a Mafia syndicate" Political Jaywalker "In a nation where corruption is endemic people tend to confuse due process with aiding and abetting criminals" Political Jaywalker "War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left" Bertrand Russell "You have just one flash flood of money, you keep your people poor. It's like a time bomb and it's scary" Philippine Lawmaker

Gun Culture in Sulu, Mindanao

Al Jazeera coverage of clan wars that disrupts peoples' lives in one remote area of Sulu, Mindanao, Philippines where differences are settled through the barrel of the gun.

People and Power - Gun culture - 29 July 08 Part 1


People and Power - Gun culture - 29 July 08 Part 2


Subscribe in a reader
Pedestrian Observer Group Blog
Click on the images to receive your free email updates
POGB will not sell, exchange, use or allow any 3rd party access to your email for
any other purposes without exception, email exclusively for article updates only.

Facebook me!


6 Speak Out:

EQ said...

First they came for Jonas Burgos, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t an activist.

Then they came to handcuff and detain journalists in Peninsula upon the orders of the Interior Secretary, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a journalist.

Then they came to pick up Jun Lozada from the airport for a long, long ride, and I didn’t speak up because I was “apathetic”.

Then they came to push for Con-Ass to prolong the Malacanang tenant’s stay beyond 2010, and I didn’t speak up because I was “apolitical”.

Then they came to bully a 14-year old boy and his dad in the golf course and I didn’t speak up because…… I wasn’t an “elistista”!

Then they came for me……. and by that time no one was left to speak up.

Unknown said...

I feel for Jonas Burgos' family and the de la Paz family. I, however, do NOT frankly feel for people who decide to marry "guns" (it's abnormal!) instead of women. They can all shoot each other for all I care because I feel that these fanatics are nothing but irrational terrorists. I'd take the side of our army anytime against these fanatic crazies.. nice blog btw!

Unknown said...

EQ/blogsurdities ,

Ignorance and gun are definitely a bad combination.....

Anonymous said...

Yep, it makes me wonder if it's something "fraudian"... Guns could be psychologically symbolic of their repressed natures. Why can't they get a social l;ife without their guns? Why can't they feel "secure" without a gun? Isn't that weird???

Unknown said...

I like the way you say "Fraudian" that connotes fraud rather than Freud, lol.

Unknown said...

It saves me the time to explain their penchant for fraud and corruption PLUS their mental stability!

Related Posts with Thumbnails