"In societies where Robbing Hoods are treated like a celebrity it is but natural to expect political parties to act like a Mafia syndicate" Political Jaywalker "In a nation where corruption is endemic people tend to confuse due process with aiding and abetting criminals" Political Jaywalker "War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left" Bertrand Russell "You have just one flash flood of money, you keep your people poor. It's like a time bomb and it's scary" Philippine Lawmaker

Tamara Michelle Posa Dominado's letter to Desaparecidos Maria Luisa Posa-Dominado

Pedestrian Observer GB salutes the effort, courage and resoluteness of 2 sisters, daughters of Maria Luisa Posa-Dominado, a Bayan Muna leader, abducted by armed men on April 12, 2007 in Oton, Iloilo, together with Nilo Arado who are both missing to this day of not giving up hope. May this letter of Tamara Michelle Posa Dominado serve as a catalyst to tug at the heart of people to stand firm against the culture of impunity in state sanctioned political abductions.

Tamara Michelle Posa Dominado, 16, is a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry freshman at the University of the Philippines in the Visayas Miag-ao Campus. Philippine Daily Inquirer published both letters at the Youngblood section under the heading of "What’s there to fear?". The letter also appeared at Migrante Ontario Youth website. Photo: Tamara at the celebration of her mother Luing's 53rd birthday on August 10, 2008.
****************************

Dear Nanay,

On August 10, you’ll be 53 already. I really wish you’ll be there when we celebrate it. I’ve missed you so much, everyday and always. And I guess everyone else has, too.

It’s been hard not having you around. Manang has been a pain in the ass as always but she’s trying.

I’ve been living in a dorm for the past 2 months now. It’s been stressful and depressing living there. Some of my high school classmates are staying there too. I get home sick every now and then because I don’t like that place. I don’t know why.

You know this one time; I really got sick because I cried for almost the whole night. Crying makes me weak, I guess. You see, that night, my classmate got home sick and she cried because she missed her mom. And I guess that’s what triggered my fits of crying. You see, I won’t easily admit it and I sometimes forget it, but deep down inside, I miss you so much. I’ve missed you since the day you never came back. I try my best not to talk about you because just a mere memory could bring me on the verge of tears.

I remembered when I first cried in the dorm. We were having our group dynamics and were talking about our lives and problems. When it came to be my turn, I thought I could handle it and they urged me to let out because they said it would lessen the pain, so I talked about you and my life, but it only managed to make me cry and make my head ache for the whole night. Sometimes I wonder if the pain will ever go away.

The last time I cried it was during the first time I went to a cheering practice for the Elektrons. It was my first time to be in the workshop and I had to do it alone because I was late. I guess they weren’t that hard on me like they were on the others. I just had to act three times. It was a nightmare because I couldn’t keep myself from smiling. But on the last scene they turned out the lights. Then they told me to act like a mother begging for food and money to feed her child. I didn’t know what to do so I knelt and acted but I still kept on smiling. And I guess they wanted to piss me off to stop me from smiling so they threw bad comments at me. They were all talking at the same time and I don’t know how I heard this question, but I heard it loud and clear over the other comments. Someone said, “Where’s your mom?” and thinking that it was just gonna be a part of my acting I replied, “She’s dead…” and it took sometime for me to take in those words. I said a whole lot more but then I stopped mid-sentence. The whole weight of what I said bore down on me. It felt like the darkness was squeezing me, seeping into every bit of my humanity, waiting for me to fall off the brink, and then, I cried. And I guess the people around me didn’t understand why I cried. They don’t know. I guess they thought they were a bit rough on me so they were a lot nicer to me after that incident. And somehow it made me laugh a bit. Some of my friends were there to comfort me, too. I wouldn’t have stopped crying if they weren’t there.

And you know what, nay? Remember when I said that I got sick? My friends took care of me that day and I got a lot better in no time. And being around people takes my mind off the sadness. I guess that’s why I’m a bit monophobic now. I get depressed when I’m alone.

What I’m trying to say is, on your birthday, or any other day, nay, you don’t need to worry about me, about us. All you need to do is to worry about yourself and take care, wherever you are. Because I (us, those who you care for) am surrounded by people who care and will help in any way they can. They can make me laugh until my tummy hurts and they’re also crazy just like me.

And as I finish this letter addressed supposedly to you, but will never reach you, I guess, I would like to write these lyrics from a song I heard.

“I’ve lost any chance for me to say,
To say that I miss you,
Say that I love you,
Will someone please tell me I’m OK?…”

Tamara

* * *

ONE YEAR AFTER THE ABDUCTION...

April 12, 2007 was the day I lost everything. Not only did I lose my mom, I lost my dreams, my hopes, my future. All my plans, our plans, will never be played out. On that day, I almost lost my sanity but someone brought me back to reality. And so here I am, still standing, breathing, living this broken life.

Fast-forward to April 12, 2008. It has already been a year. And all I can say is that this situation is driving me crazy. I battle with depression almost every day. Small problems or disappointments make me cry and remember better days with my mother, which would cause me to cry some more because I miss her so much.

My life is so different now. It is much more different to have my sister control my life. She does things differently.

I cannot count how many times I have hoped, dreamed and wished that my mom would come home safe, maybe bringing along some food to eat. Then instead of all these tears, instead of our disappointments and fears, instead of me and my sister’s shattered dreams, we would all be happy.

My sister could have studied better and she would be a lawyer right now. Then she would bring hell to all the evil people. And my mom would be helping the poor and the helpless that she had been fighting for. She would be fighting for their rights and giving them everything she could give. And then if she had the time, my mom and I would talk about my studies and help me achieve my dreams. She would always find the time for everyone even if she has no time to spare. We would hear her voice and hear her loud, booming laughter, and see her smile even when she has a million problems to think about. She would still be here for us.

But instead of a happy ending, no, they had to take her away from us. They had to take her for their own selfish reasons. Whoever these stupid people were, they did not think she had a family that needed her. If they did think, and I believe they did, they must have calculated that we would suffer like this, that we would be afraid, that we would fear them and cower before them.

But what is there for us to fear? Can’t they see that angry, suffering, people fear nothing.

Me? I am angry. I loathe every one of those who forced us into this life. Just a few more disappointments, a few more shattered dreams, and I would lose my sanity. But I will try my hardest not to. I need to be strong, to be brave. I know that’s what my mom would want. She would be disappointed if I am not. She wasn’t afraid of them, and neither am I. They can try to scare me with their guns and death threats, but I won’t be afraid. They have already taken everything away.

Whoever did this to my mom and “tito” [uncle] and countless others should be ashamed of themselves. They don’t need a 15-year-old to tell them that what they did was wrong. Will they tell me that what they did was for the good of the nation? I cannot see any good in abducting innocent people who are helping others.

Whoever they may be, I wish them a good life. I hope they live the good life with their families. I hope their families won’t be forced to live the live we have to live. And I hope their sons and daughters will not grow up to be like them, cowardly and cruel. And when they grow old and have had enough of doing the bad things, well, there is nothing else to hope for but that that they die—and burn in hell.

Tamara

Related Article:



Subscribe in a reader
Pedestrian Observer Group Blog
Click on the images to receive your free email updates
POGB will not sell, exchange, use or allow any 3rd party access to your email for
any other purposes without exception, email exclusively for article updates only.

Facebook me!


0 Speak Out:

Related Posts with Thumbnails